FINTECH SOLUTIONS FULL STACK / BACK-END / FRONT-END SOFTWARE ENGINEER - ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS
Join Beakwise to become a key member of a very fast-growing and already internationally-recognized financial technology player. At Beakwise you will be working nothing but with the latest technologies, including Rust as the primary development language as we are one of the few enterprise-level product developments companies employing Rust.
We prefer full stack, and we have time for you to learn new technologies if you are already experienced in some form of programming. But if you have good reasons to go front-end or back-end only, let’s discuss.
Candidates with any level of experience (including new gads) are welcomed to apply!
Please read further below for details before you apply.
WHO WE ARE
Beakwise is an innovative technology company with a team that has decades of experience in the financial services industry and a real-life understanding of technology leaders and business units of enterprises. We have seen the issues, problems, headaches, and desperate needs within the industry firsthand for decades at large companies and we are highly aware of the frustration created by “unnecessary” complexities. We have learned a lot from all the challenges we've faced. Now we want to help leading finance companies around the world to eliminate their ugly, unwanted, not welcomed technology legacies from yesterday and enable them to start building the digital muscles to survive in the competitive environment of 2030's starting from today.
We build technology solutions and provide management consulting services to mid and large-sized enterprises with a focus on customer experience, operational excellence, and digital transformation. A focus on hyper automation, total experience and data analytics is an integral part of what we do every day.
At Beakwise “talent density” is what we are after. We never aim to grow as much as we can, nor we will ever have the largest teams. But we are so much willing to have a steady and happy workforce. Work ethic as well as excellence is very important, and we try very hard to keep the high for both all the time. 2023 is the year to start growing as our products have matured enough. To increase the strength of our team we are looking for experienced junior (between 2 to 4 years) software engineers who are willing to be a part of a wide range of different engagements.
We are working primarily with finance companies (banks, insurers, and investment managers in particular) and the projects you will be involved in could be related with any conceivable activity that a finance company typically performs. We are architecting and developing our own innovative, if not disruptive, proprietary products as well as providing implementation and customization services for the proven solutions by leading vendors.
Beakwise has already gained clients from multiple companies, and we pursue many opportunities with leading enterprises from around the world with a strategic focus on the African and Middle Eastern financial markets. Beakwise operates in its R&D head office located at Boğaziçi University Techpark (BÜDOTEK) in the Asian Side of Istanbul. Soon, the second office on the European side of Istanbul will have opened We are considering opening local offices in some of the countries we operate or plan soon to be operating in.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Work with business analysts and project managers on business functionalities required to be coded and scheduling assigned tasks,
· Coordinate with your fellow coders and coach your team members when they need,
· Execute full lifecycle of software development and write well-designed, testable code. You can be positioned either as a full-stack or front-end developer depending on your preferences, expertise, and experience
· Integrate our own products within themselves as well with 3rd party systems when required,
· Produce technical specifications, software verification plans and quality assurance procedures,
· Document and maintain software functionality,
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems,
· Ensure software is updated with latest features,
· Provide solutions to issues and problems, engage in ideation and brainstorming and other kind of intellectual discussions,
· Conduct research, participate in training programs and gain knowledge about new technologies.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· Degree: STEM degrees are preferred, but other relevant degrees are also welcomed. As much as this is a technical role, we are providing solutions to real “business needs” and the technology is just the tool for that. Hence, you should expect a lot of discussions beyond coding.
· Experience: We have two types of projects and the technologies we mostly use are as follows. Any programming experience in them, either in an education, self-study or a professional setting, is highly welcomed.
1) R&D Projects for Our Product Portfolio
We use Vue.Js as the main frontend component and Rust in the backend with Postgres as the DB solution. As the structure of the applications are of “headless type” there is a significant REST and GraphQL API development involved.
2) Enterprise Transformation Projects
For such projects, the existing and legacy technologies of our clients come also into play. Our clients mostly use Oracle technologies, so these projects involve programming in PL/SQL, Java, Oracle ADF, Weblogic etc.
· Language: You must understand English well. How well? As a software engineer, you will not be getting in touch with clients mostly. So, not much English speaking is required. However, training programs, articles and solutions for technology require a very good command of written English.
· Personality: This job is for those who enjoy dealing with complex problems, look for a dynamic (“non-constant”) and challenging working environment and never hesitate to communicate directly with anyone. If you are positive, enthusiastic, and passionate in whatever you do and manage to find a way to motivate yourself for the things you like, even while you’re dealing with their not very pleasant and uncool aspects, please apply. On top of that, if you believe you can make a great team member and are able to motivate your team mates as well, please re-check that your application is submitted ;).
Please do not forget to demonstrate your previous experience (could be from your school, professional or just free-time work) by sharing your GitHub account or some other way.
Did we say we are looking for “positive” and “passionate” team members?
WHAT WE OFFER
· A team-based, friendly (genuine), international working environment where you should expect every other team mate to be as competent at least as you are,
· A truly unique organizational culture where the corporate and start-up dynamics’ best aspects meet, and worst aspects are left out. That is why we started this company in the first place.
· A competitive base salary combined with a generous bonus scheme based on the objective success criteria of your work,
· Private health insurance with in-patient and out-patient covers,
· Allowances for daily food and travel to office or office shuttle options,
· Advance pay on sign if you need to relocate to Istanbul,
· A real emphasis on training, certification, and specialization,
· Flexible working hours, you can design your own working hours and workdays in a week,
· R&D requires very close and instant communication, and we are in a phase of creating innovative products from scratch. Working remotely %100 is not the best methodology (tried already) in that setting, hence we are working in a hybrid way. Hybrid work is current 1 or 1.5 day a week on average. This could be increased with our later offices or changes in the Turkish Techpark regulations.