Translating Good Ideas into Great Products
“Done is better than perfect” and “move fast and break things” are slogans you might read when entering a startup workspace. The flexibility to accommodate frequent changes is essential in the startup context, agile methodologies have been considered the most viable process—they embrace change, allowing development to adapt to the business strategy. Let us consider some other challanges of startups:
- Economical, human and pyhsical resources are extremely limited.
- Given the highly competitive ecosystem, startups need to focus on and explore highly innovative segments of the market.
- Successful startups aim to grow and scale up rapidly.
- The environment often forces startups to release fast and to work under constant pressure.
- Startups are usually founder-centric and everyone in the company has big responsibilities, with no need for upper management.